A temporary license plate (Kurzkennzeichen) is a license plate valid for only five days. The license plate has a yellow band on the right and it shows the expiration date.
With a temporary license plate the car receives a vehicle insurance and a registration document.
The temporary permit allows the car to be driven only within Germany (no border crossing).
- In case of a non-Munich resident person the request must be done personally.
- The vehicle must be already registered in Munich.
- The vehicle must have been bought in Munich.
- Valid TÜV.
- Mandate (Download)
- Original ID card
- Vehicle registration document (Teil I)
- Sale Contract
- The license plate, if the vehicle is still registered
The license plates will be available for pick up at our office from 2.30 p.m.